Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Breaking the Silence

If you've visited our blog in the past month, you've seen nothing new and might have even heard crickets chirping. There is a reason for the blog silence, and the main answer is the blog post immediately preceding this one. Two weeks after I found out that I was pregnant with our fourth child, I was visited by "morning sickness". But this version of morning sickness was like none I have ever experienced before. Let's just call it "all-day sickness" or we could refer to it as "can't-get-out-of-bed-or-off-the-couch-sickness" or perhaps "can't-even-stay-in-your-own-home-and-care-for-your-own-children sickness". But as I have walked through extreme fatigue, tests to find out if I had Epstein Bar, reactions to nausea medication, and becoming best friends with the toilet, God has been as faithful as ever. My parent's opened their home to us when I could no longer take care of my other three children; my brothers and sisters have served me in more ways than I could count; my husband has become Superman, juggling so many responsibilities and still caring fabulously for me; and my Savior has brought Scripture to mind and truth to bear in my heart.
We're still at my parent's, and I'm still quite sick. But we're praying this all subsides a bit as I approach the end of my first trimester in a week and a half.
So I'll leave you with some photos of my Lightning McQueen racer, my Tow Mater mechanic, and my Little Red Riding Hood and with a verse that has greatly encouraged me.


"There is great gain in godliness with contentment." ~1 Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!