Friday, September 10, 2010

Seven What?!?

As a little girl, my absolute favorite movie was the musical "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". If you have a daughter/niece between the ages of 4-12, take my word for it and make a girl's night out of the viewing of a classic. Just do it.

My boys even enjoy this movie; and since I own two copies (I recently pared down from three), it's readily available. On their last day of summer break, they were getting ready to watch it when this moment occurred...

Adriana mistakenly asked, "Mom, when are we going to start 'Seven Broads for Seven Brothers'?"

I chuckled and Isaiah, realizing it was funny, tried to extend the joke, "It's 'Seven Bras for Seven Brothers'!"

"Now that's not something we say," I corrected.

Then he looked at me with sincerity as if he just had a revelation, "But there are seven bras in that movie, aren't there!"

Oh. Boy. Blank response moment. The kid has a point.

And with all of that dancing, there are probably seven jockstraps, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!