Friday, January 11, 2008

Website

I decided not to pour money into a beautiful, fancy website for my little business. Since I want this to remain a side thing, not getting in the way of being a stay-at-home mommy, I decided to keep it low-key (and cheap). I was surprised at how much work still goes into such a simple site. (A big thank-you to my brother-in-law Matt who helped me do this.)
Anyway, here it is: www.alyssaannephotography.com/
If you know anyone in the area looking for a photographer, I'd be grateful it if you would pass this site along. Also, if you personally are thinking of using me, please know that I have a discounted price list for friends. Okay, enough with the marketing junk...it makes me uncomfortable. Unlike my hubby, I don't have a sales bone in my body.
A quote I read from John Piper made me think of photography. Piper says:
"We are all starved for the glory of God, not self. No one goes to the Grand Canyon to increase self-esteem. Why do we go? Because there is greater healing for the soul in beholding splendor than there is in beholding self....The physical eye is meant to say to the spiritual eye, 'Not this, but the Maker of this, is the Desire of your soul.'"
This is what I love about photography. Photographing the smile of child, the colorful leaves of fall, the beauty of a family is not creating beauty, but capturing the beauty God created.
"The heavens are telling of the glory of God." ~Psalm 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!