Monday, April 19, 2010

A Baby Update- 40 days!!

Before I wrote this post I was all over my house trying desperately to find it.

I just...can't...live...another...moment...without...it! I...must...have...SUGAR, preferably in the form of chocolate!

This dire
craving
need is a sure indicator that I'm at the end of my pregnancy. But the problem is that I've done this four times and know myself well enough to try to keep the sugar out of the house. But when the craving need comes on, it comes on strong. As I dove frantically through my cupboards, thoughts whirled in my head:

I hate myself!

Couldn't I be kind enough to just leave a little chocolate somewhere?!

Why did I give away those Lindt chocolate as prizes at the baby shower I hosted for a friend last Saturday?! Was I stupid, handing a whole bag of extra dark chocolate to another woman?!

Then I found it.

Ha-ha, Alyssa, you're not smart enough!! Chocolate chips and in a COSTCO SIZED BAG!!

So now I write this post with traces of chocolate on my lips and feeling
guilty
so much better. And yes, I am nearly towards the end- only 40 more days. I say this in days since I've gone into labor on my due date with every one of my children. So we have May 29th set aside on our calendar as "baby birthing" day. At this point, baby girl is healthy and strong. Since she keeps measuring a week small, I'm really hoping that she won't be matching her big sister's birth weight of 8 lb. 10 oz. I am uncomfortable, but doing well; and after a week's break, am back to losing dinner most nights. I'm trying to remember what life looks like when you don't have to stick your head in a toilet at least once a day, and I'm ready to be there!!

In the meantime, I've been collecting the things I need for my first home birth. While I've had midwives with each birth, this is the first time I'm planning to stay home. My midwives bring almost all the supplies but ask me to provide a list of necessities which I've carefully collected.


My favorite part of the collecting was my husband's reaction when I brought this item home:

He nearly had a heart attack.

"WHAT is THAT for!?!"

"Honey, they're the pads to lay everywhere to absorb any birthing liquids. You remember."

He looked again at the package once more and finally started breathing again.

"Oh, my gosh. I read it wrong. I thought it said 'underpants'! I'm just not ready to deal with you wearing that size for another 50 years!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!