Wednesday, June 16, 2010

3 Weeks

Ava Louise was 3 weeks old on Monday. She had an appointment with the pediatrician that day; and we found out that she now weighs 8 lbs. 4 oz.- 2 pounds since birth! The doctor told me that she is in the 24th percentile for weight which is something a doctor has never told me. Ever. If you have any history with my family, you know that my babies are fatties. I'm usually told my babies are in the 80th or 90th percentile. Elijah was even off the charts at one point. My husband has suggested, in the past, that I send my milk to third world countries. Who knows; Ava may play catch up in the days to come.

After 3 weeks with her, I'm learning more of my precious one's likes and dislikes.

She enjoys:

-warmth
-having her siblings talk to her
-the way Isaiah holds her
-frequent feedings
-the fishies that make there home above her swing
-and her tiny red shoes

Alright, alright. Mommy likes her tiny red shoes; and everything else that fits her in her closet.

She is turned off by:

-diaper changings
-being held for more than two minutes by Elijah or Adriana
-having to wait to nurse

And above all she hates being bathed. No amount of warm bath water or calming voices can change that fact that she acts downright insulted to be bathed. We'll have to work on that.

Here are some photos of my 3 week beauty:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful! I think she looks like Elijah... Can't wait to see her in person.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!