Saturday, June 19, 2010

You Da' Bomb, Babes!

Since Father's Day and our anniversary both happen this week, this is a shout out to my leading man!
If being a great dad and hubby wasn't already enough, my husband was officially applying for sainthood during this past year. He did more than his fair share as I struggled through nine months of sickness. No doubt his hands have never seen more dishwater. He often walked in the house after a full day's work and sent me to bed so that he could continue serving our family. Or he would drop everything to make an emergency run to Panera to buy me the only thing that seemed edible for a time. (We should have bought stock in Panera Bread before my pregnancy!) And he lead my heart when it strayed into self-pity or unbelief. And to top it off, he did all of it cheerfully. I think I've realized more than ever that my husband is not out for the praise of man. He cared for me quietly, often with no one but the children around to notice. It reminds me of 1 Corinthians 10:31, "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. "

Babes, I had lofty dreams of what my husband would be like, but walking this road with you has been a joy that surpasses all those dreams. You truly are my "Mr. Wonderful."

Happy Father's Day...




...and Happy Anniversary!!
For the curious, a couple of our wedding pics can be seen on last year's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!