Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Things I'm Into This Fall

Fall is just about here in Virginia and somehow the change of seasons seems to naturally enhance the creative juices. Here are some of those and also things I'm into right now... because who doesn't like a fresh idea?!

Let's start with a pine cone garland. I'm a sucker for neutral colors right now, and I love the gray tones of this. I've also seen it spray painted gold if a burst of color is more up your alley. I think a pine cone hunting walk in the woods is needed:

via Mias Interior
pinecone garland, doing this next year!!  :)


And some simple pumpkin frozen yogurt is probably in order:

via babble
Pumpkin Frozen yogurt: 1 Cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 T. Sugar, 1 t. pumpkin pie spice.


And as for literature, my current read-aloud to the kids is called With Two Hands by Rebecca Davis. The beautiful book shares stories of how God has been at work in Ethiopia. We are all really enjoying this exciting read. The chapters are written in a way that captures the kid's attention, and the stories often have me reading with tears welling up. The image will take you to the Amazon link:



Then there's re-purposing old jewelry with embroidery floss. I did this with some bangles and a pair of earrings I never use anymore:

via Creature Comforts
DIY Embroidery Thread Wrapped Earrings


I'm not a fan of the cold weather, but I'll console myself with snugly sweaters:

via Closet Horse



And I'm on a little mission to find a flowy skirt or dress at a thrift store so that I can pair it with a jacket, because fall doesn't always have to mean sweaters:

via 5th Avenue Fashion
<3


We've made and loved these Paleo Churros. Don't be daunted by the overly-long instructions. They are actually quite easy to make: (Cheaters hint: they're delicious sprinkled with a little cinnamon and sugar.)

via ChowStalker
Delicious paleo churros.


I'm basking in the beauty of God's wild love for us after reading the book Everything by Mary DeMuth. My dear girlfriend sent me this. I had never heard of DeMuth before but was quickly captured by the way she opens up the truth of God's love in rich, descriptive, and relational language. This book will have you crying, repenting, and rejoicing:



And I want to find some excuse to create an olive oil bar because, well, just because:

via Style Me Pretty
Olive Oil Bar


Scarves! I am all about them right now. And my favorite is the one from fashionABLE. It is so intricate and well-made and goes with everything:

 photo give-away2_zps4e788b1c.jpg

Finally, I've been stalking Craig's List for some old crates that I can turn on their side.

via SF Girl By Bay
Flip crates on their sides, nail together, and attach roller wheels...

Now tell me what you're into this fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!