Sunday, February 4, 2007

Disgusting

Parenting is wonderful, fun, fulfilling, and completely disgusting!! Children are so messy! As a parent, you find yourself in situations where you want to have a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. Sometimes I just don't want to accept the fact that I really am responsible for cleaning up the mess.

Today after church was a perfect example. I had just been admiring how cute my daughter looked munching on her little waffle (a first for her), and I went over to clean her face and hands. But as I lifted her out of her seat, I discovered that pumpkin waffle was not the only thing I was going to need to clean.

I'll spare you the details....

Adriana actually rather enjoyed the whole experience and had a lot of fun getting cleaned up in the laundry tub.








On a cleaner note, Adriana is now seven months old. This month she has:
  • cut two teeth
  • learned to army crawl
  • finally said "Da-da" (after saying "Ma-ma" and "ba-ba" for awhile)
  • learned to wave
  • become a full blown baby food connoisseur
  • learned stand by herself by holding onto a chair or sofa
  • found out that high-pitched shrieking can make the guys in your life pay attention
If only every month of my life held that many discoveries!

1 comment:

  1. Too much detail in the first photo (yuk!). Will this appear in a video on her wedding day?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!