Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Janie & Jack

One of the stores that I've frequented since the birth of my daughter is a boutique called "Janie & Jack." From the moment I first walked into the store, I was in love. The clothes were beautifully classic and the detail on them was exquisite. I was not, however, in love with the prices. After that, I often walked in wistfully and always left empty-handed. My friend Caroline was the one to explain to me the "Janie & Jack On a Small Budget" strategy. After talking it over with my husband, we went ahead with the plan.
Here's how it works: I go into Janie & Jack and drool over their latest gorgeous line of clothing. I see a dress that would look perfect on Adriana, and it's $68. My better judgement (and the voice of my husband in the back of my head) tells me that I'm crazy to buy it. So I patiently (or not so patiently) wait until it is on the clearance rack. At that point it might be $34, and I buy it. My girlie wears the dress and looks like a little princess. The Janie & Jack brand sells well on ebay; so when she is done with it, I turn around and sell it there for $25 (sometimes more). So in this case, I've spent roughly $9 on a dress for my sweetie. I have fun with the whole process, my husband is happy to get a deal, and Adriana looks adorable. It's like playing dress-up and monopoly...only grown-up style.
So here's a recent favorite outfit (the riding boots kill me) that I had to capture in a photo.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I wonder if that would work with a BMW X6... When do they go on clearance?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!