Wednesday, February 20, 2008

♪These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things♫

Although I do like girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, my list of favorite things would be a bit different than the one from Julie Andrews. I enjoy reading Real Simple's "Road Test" section for their favorite picks of everything from chocolate chips to bathroom scales (somehow those two go together for me). Just for a slight change of pace, I thought I'd post some of my favorite things. For the sake of time and to avoid being boring, I'll leave out my favorite foods, stores, or fashion, and stick with a list of favorite mommy/homemaker items.
So here we go:

Bjorn bibs are the bomb! It's worth the extra money because you'll never need another one. Adriana is using the one Elijah used, and it's still in great condition. It's flexible but doesn't crack (unlike the cheaper Ikea version); and it can be sanitized in the dishwasher. The pouch catches the inevitable falling food and helps you hide yucky broccoli from your mother who's distracted by your brother's carrot gun war.


After I ignored my mother about how useful her new stick blender was and how I really should get one, she gave it to me as a gift. I smiled and gave a half-hearted "thank you" only to find that mother really does know best. I use this thing so much more than I would have expected; and when mine broke (my bad) I decided I couldn't live without it and rushed to get a replacement. From smooth soup, to eggs, to smoothies, it's nice not to have to wash the big blender. (Have I mentioned that my least favorite housework is dishes?)


As any mommy knows, flat diaper clothes or "burp clothes", as we call them, are a necessity when you bring home your regurgitating bundle of joy, but don't pack them away when the spit up stops. At that point in our house, burp clothes change their name to "nose wipeys". Teething or little colds make wiping a baby/toddler's nose as common as blinking; and I noticed that the little nose got really irritated from tissues. I switched to only wiping with these and *voila* no more redness.


Unless you find scrubbing your oven to be relaxing, an over liner is a must. Any time your gourmet pie (or more realistically your Costco lasagna) bubble's over you can pull out the liner and simply shake the mess off the non-stick liner and into the sink.




If anyone has the address of whoever invented Downy Wrinkle Releaser, please send it to me so that I can send that person some flowers! I love not having to pull out the ironing board for every little clothing wrinkle. This stuff works!




Belly buttons seem to be one of toddler's favorite things, and this book is my favorite in Adriana's board book collection.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A day does not go by at our house without the Legos being used. With it comes this wonderful little thing called, "quiet entertainment". Okay, well, not totally quiet, I still break up fights over who gets the 8" piece; but the noise level does drop significantly.
.
.
.
.
.
Of course, my favorite toy, the Nikon D80, had to make this list. It captures memories, makes my children look like they're always angels, and gives Mommy a little hobby. There is a downside though. Suddenly you'll be adding a new lens, a fancy lens, a quality photoshop, and much more to your need-for-favorite-things list.
So there you have it. To all my fellow mommy bloggers, it's your turn to post. I want to hear what some of your favorite items are...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!