Thursday, October 2, 2008

Honeymoon #2

This past week, Steven and I got away for a sort of "second honeymoon". We spent five nights in Cancun, Mexico at a gorgeous resort. Having six days to focus on Steven and our marriage was priceless. We had a blast, rarely leaving the resort. I walked away with the most wins at the pool table but thoroughly humbled on the tennis court. The food at the resort was super gourmet and fabulous, and my waistline grew right along with my love for my hubby. Best of all, my wonderful husband had me giggling like a teenager, kissing like a newlywed, and spending hours talking and growing closer.


Part of the resort:

The view from our room...the water really was that blue!:

In front of the lobby's hanging lounge beds:


The main difference between this honeymoon and the first was that instead of coming home to piles of wedding gifts, we returned to three of our biggest gifts who lavished us with hugs and kisses.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!!! what a beautiful story of your away-week! I was looking at your pics, thinking, "wow ... she looks so different!" you look so completely young and RELAXED! i'm so happy you guys got to sneak away for this - and be lavished by the beauty of creation each other! the only thing i can't figure out is: is steven wearing a HOSPITAL bracelet?! lol... what a gorgeous place. we will be stalking their website :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!