Monday, July 12, 2010

Seasons

I've decided that celebrity moms must be able to drop their pregnancy weight so fast not because they have personal trainers but because they have nannies. Because I, for the life of me, cannot find time to exercise! I make time to do so, and then kiddo disaster strikes. This morning it came in the form of dealing with things like an unexpected floor cleaning (post cereal and milk treatment) and diaper basketball. Allow me a moment to explain that one. It involves a dirty diaper one has been given to throw away as the ball and one's sister's white lamp shade as the basket. Time-outs are taken when Mom is looking, and the quarter is over when Mom catches you.

So why, oh why, can't exercise be done like blogging can- while feeding the baby? Does anyone know of a program like "Tae Bo: Nursing With Billy Blanks" or "Feed Your Baby & Tone Your Core In 10 Minutes"?

Alas, I can hear my mom saying it now, "It's just a season, Alyssa." I know she's right; and that God is interested in working on my heart not my jiggling thighs. I'm aware that this is just a season in my life; I just wish it weren't swimsuit season!

And since summer is upon us, here are some pre-fireworks, July 4th photos...

Ava waiting for the fireworks. Yeah, she's a bit advanced. But don't be too impressed; she hasn't yet caught on to calculus...yet.

The boys waiting for the fireworks...

My girls...

Chilling with Grammy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!