Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Packing Breaks

We're officially moving. Financing, inspections, and appraisals are done. My hand already hurts from signing my names so many times, and it hasn't even had the workout of the closings yet. My girlfriend told me that Dave Ramsey says that when it comes to finances, most marriages have a nerd and free spirit. Let's just say I'm not the nerd. My husband has been a paperwork angel, so very much in his element, taking care of ins and outs of all the numbers and forms that go into selling and buying. I've spent long Realtor visits suppressing my free spirit that wanted to simply shake hands, call it a deal, and head my booty off to yoga class. 


Now it's time for packing for which the responsibility falls mostly to me. And packing with four little people, all with different needs and with a desire to climb inside every box, keeps things interesting. Most days I can literally feel my blood pressure rising. I kneel by my bed every morning asking God for strength and patience because this mommy is so prone to a short temper when there's a to-do list.


I've found that stopping everything to go outside or to go do something with the kids helps keep everyone sane.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

So here's to boxes, bubble wrap, packaging tape, and an occasional glass of wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!