Monday, January 8, 2007

The Truth

Before I get to the truth, I wanted to share a sweet picture of my little guy. I must say, though, this picture looks a lot sweeter than it sounds. A friend of our gave the boys a harmonic which was a hit with everyone except Mom. The "ohhh, how sweet- he can play a little tune" wore off in about 14 seconds; but it did make for a cute photo op.



Now for the truth part. Friends of mine have made uneducated comments such as "your house is always so clean" or "how do you do it?" or "you have it so together." I warn them that this is not true; I'm just pretty good at faking it. Today after I got all three of my children down for a nap at the same time (cue "Hallelujah Chorus"), I looked around and decided that it was time to destroy the myths. So here we go... this is the truth. This is a sampling of what my house looks like after the morning is over...

If you kept looking around my house, you'd find laundry in the hallway and pretty much every other room carrying more debris. And had you been here an hour ago, you would have watched the toilet flood our bathroom (courtesy of whichever boy dropped or stuffed part of a box of kleenex in the toilet bowl- I haven't managed to get a confession yet). Thank God for His daily grace! Now, I gotta' scoot...I've got a house to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!