Friday, March 28, 2008

Hannah Update

After five days in the hospital, Hannah came home yesterday. We have seen some improvements. She is now able to freely use her hands and arms, and her convulsions have become more like involuntary tremors. The biggest problem is she cannot use her legs at all. She is in a wheelchair right now since she cannot even stand on her own. A physical therapist will be coming to try to re-teach her legs to stand and walk. She is also experiencing back pain and severe headaches.
This morning, she was sharing with me that God has been faithful to give her grace for the day. The Holy Spirit is reminding her not to worry about the future, but to trust her Shepherd as she follows Him. She told me another verse that has held a lot of encouragement is Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
When I questioned her to how people could be praying for her, she requested prayer that her headaches and back pain would go away. She also asked for prayer that God would sustain her and help her to continue trusting in His sovereignty with joy. She also added, and I quote: "I feel like I don't need as much prayer as Mom and Dad do, because they're doing all the work. I feel overwhelmed by the kindness everyone is showing to me in praying."
I love that girl!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update, Lyss. We're praying for all of you here.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!