Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Crafty Momma I Am Not

Crafty mommas make me sick.

There. I said it. You and your well thought-out crafts give me a headache and make me want to turn on a movie for my kids.

Okay, I'm joking.

Kind of.

Kid crafts and I just don't have a good history. It's like one of Murphy's laws. I'm more a crayons and coloring book kind of mother. But once in a blue moon we actually step outside the world of Crayola. Michaels was having an fabulous deal on t-shirts and I had a fabric stamp pad on hand. Throw in some Sharpies and an array of stamps, and we had a t-shirt making bonanza on our hands.

Ava is super proud of her creation, and the other kids think it's pretty great stuff, too.

 photo shirts-2_zps07f27cd9.jpg

 photo shirts-3_zpsecf74521.jpg

 photo shirts-4_zps5c0b1bab.jpg

 photo shirts-5_zps56687e6d.jpg

Easy, fun...yep that's my kind of kid craft. And for about 15 minutes I had visions of being a inducted into the Crafty Momma Club. But now as reality and a Sharpie mark on my dining room table set in, I think I'll be grateful for my kid's art teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!