Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 4 total {Give1Save1}

Do remember those times as a kid where some club you were part of would hand you a stack of ordering forms and tell you it was time for you to knock on your neighbors' doors and raise money by peddling something?

Yeah, me too.

I remember because I'm scarred by it. Every single door I went to I would get a big ol' pit in my stomach. Then as the homeowner answered the door, the pit would move into my throat.

"Hi, do you want to buy ______ (insert some obnoxious item)? Okay, I can tell by the wince on your face you don't. No problem. Bye."

Let's just say that if I had to support my family with sales, we'd starve.

And for many years now I've avoided selling anything of any kind. I hardly promo my photography business at all, and I've managed not to knock on a stranger's door for years now.

Along comes adoption.

And guess what? We have no choice. Let's see...so far we've done mini-sessions and sold coffee; now it's promoting this video. Don't get me wrong; I'm INCREDIBLY grateful for each one of these opportunities. But that little girl who would rather visit the dentist (and that's say a whole lot) than sell something? She's dying little deaths over and over again.

So how do I say "thank you" to all of you who have pitched in, shared the video, and help us raise money? I truly don't know. Many of you have generously opened your wallets. And you've "knocked on your [Facebook] neighbors door" for us. Some of you have given our video more PR than even we have. It means so much, and even there words don't touch how I feel.

Here's our grand total after 4 days:
 photo g1s1day4-1_zpsa7d46fc5.jpg

We still have until Sunday night. So if you would, please pass along our video. Every time you share a whole new circle of people get to see and have a chance to be involved.

And I promise, I'll never knock on your door asking you to buy wrapping paper or cashews.

 photo 9d3feb0e-6cee-4d03-a2ed-0a6419af8771_zpsf447d612.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm with you on the anxiety that comes with knocking on those doors but I know you are touching hearts with the beautiful story unfolding for your family!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, share your thoughts!